Does your lying position really affect the type of mattress that you need to have? This is a question that so many people are asking when they are purchasing a new mattress for their beds.
Depending on how you are sleeping, it is important to consider it when you are purchasing a mattress. Especially for those people that are sleeping on their stomachs.
With this information, you will know everything you need to know if you are a stomach sleeper. From why experts are saying that sleeping on your stomach isn’t recommended up to some of the best mattresses that you can purchase if you are sleeping on your stomach.
This article will cover every aspect you need to know about finding the best mattress for stomach sleepers.
Stomach Sleeping, Not the Best Sleeping Position
Experts are saying that sleeping on your stomach isn’t the best sleeping position for anyone. And, no this doesn’t have anything to do with sleeping with a full stomach.
When you are sleeping on your stomach, all the weight lies on your stomach and other organs. And, your spine and neck aren’t supported.
If the bed isn’t firm enough, your spine can’t get the right support it needs. This can cause neck and back pain during the day.
And, this can cause long-term damage if you don’t correct your sleeping position. If you have back problems, sleeping on your stomach can worsen your problem.
Reasons Why the Right Mattress is Essential for Stomach Sleepers
There are a couple of reasons why purchasing the right mattress is essential for stomach sleepers. Why you should take extra time in finding a mattress that is going to give support, even if you are sleeping on your stomach.
These are some of the most common reasons why you should take your time to find the right stomach sleeping mattress.
- You need to take as much strain off your back as possible. Meaning that a soft mattress isn’t going to be recommended.
- You want to be able to breathe easily, without feeling restrained. This is one of the reasons why it isn’t recommended to sleep on your stomach. You are pressing your longs, and making breathing more difficult. You might not notice it, because you are sleeping. The right mattress will make breathing easier.
- With the right mattress, you are going to get back support. This means that you are going to get neck support as well. The neck support is essential for the long term for preventing neck problems.
The Type of Mattress That is Best for Stomach Sleepers
With the different types of mattresses that you can purchase, you might be wondering which one is best suited for stomach sleepers. You just need to remember that what might be best for one person, doesn’t mean will be best for you as well.
With this guide, you will understand the different types of mattresses and which ones are best for stomach sleepers.
- Foam mattress. This can be a great option, because of the different firmness options that you can choose from. Great in pain and pressure relief as well. Not ideal in hot weather and not durable as well.
- Latex mattress. Great pressure and pain relief. Different firmness and cooler than the foam option. It is durable as well. Can become saggy and is on the expensive side.
- Innerspring. Different firmness options. Strong support and sleeps cool. Not as comfortable and not really recommended for stomach sleepers.
- Hybrid mattress. Best for pressure and pain relief. Offering good support and sleeping cool most of the time. On the more expensive side.
The Importance of Testing the Mattress Before Purchasing It
This is the one thing that is really important to do before you are purchasing a mattress. Especially, if you are a stomach sleeper. You should test the mattress by lying on your stomach on the mattress.
Make sure that you do feel comfortable and that you are supporting your back and neck correctly.
If you feel uncomfortable within a couple of minutes, you can think about how you are going to feel after a full night’s rest.
Some of the Best Mattresses for Stomach Sleepers
This can assist you if you are a stomach sleeper and you are wondering what bed you can purchase to get the most comfort and benefits from sleeping on your stomach. These are the top three mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Tuft & Needle
- Avocado Green
You might know that sleeping on your stomach isn’t a good idea. However, this can’t keep you from sleeping on your stomach. But you can purchase the best mattress for stomach sleepers. To get the best support for your spine and back.
With a bit of research, you will be able to find the best mattress for you that will give you the best possible support. And, that will let you get a good night’s rest, and let you wake up, refresh, and without any neck and back pain.